This video illustrates how we integrate chiropractic, rehabilitation and dynamic neuromuscular stabilization (DNS) into patient treatment. For the purposes of this video, these techniques were used to speed up post-workout recovery, ensure structural balance and improve how the body functions. Similar to fine-tuning a race car, the human body can benefit tremendously from fine-tuning to keep body prepared for high performance.
Key take home points:
- Treatment is directed at patient-specific goals and outcomes. There are different levels of care that may need, ranging from symptomatic (i.e. painful conditions) to more performance-based therapy or fine-tuning.
- Chiropractic manipulative therapy (i.e. adjusting) was not filmed but utilized for the spine and hips.
- Soft-tissue work was done manually and instrument-assisted to mobilize muscle and connective tissue to improve recovery.
- Dynamic neuromuscular stabilization (DNS) was used to fine-tune motor patterns and muscular activation. Proper muscular activation and stabilization function of muscles helps to ensure proper muscular coordination while minimizing stress on the joints.
- This all adds up to optimizing performance while keeping the body as healthy as possible.
More related reading: